Dangerous Tea Party — Positive, Intuitive, Creative Musings from Brilliant Minds

Though there's a bit of a pejorative nature to the term, I am, at heart, an information junkie. One of my biggest assets, however, is my ability to extrapolate and integrate information from the myriad sources that serve as my teachers, and in turn, teach others. As it is in the collective, rather than in isolation, that we grow, I invite others to communicate their ideas and experiences here, as well, so we can each grow and improve our thoughts – and beings.

Monday, January 15, 2007

Silly — It's in the Eye of the Beholder

The following post was my response to the OK Cupid question: If you saw an acquaintance acting incredibly silly when they thought nobody was watching, would you be more attracted or less attracted to them?

MORE attracted
Less attracted
My opinion of them would not change

*********************

Sark helped me get to a place of appreciating public silliness with one of her early books, Succulent Wild Women.

I used to think people who laughed "too loudly" in restaurants or wore big hats and colorful clothes were either weird or pathetic attention-seekers. Now I see that they are simply embracing life and living out loud.

I totally understand why other people still think the way I used to, but would defintitely prefer to associate with folks who, at the very least, would not lose respect for someone who acted silly in public. Silliness is a great, wonderful thing.

We live in a bizarre culture that has decided that to be adults, we must stomp out all childlike behavior and act, at all times, perfectly composed. I am not suggesting that we should create a free-for-all and give in to constant childish or immature behavior. Nevertheless, if more people would let their hair down, demonstrate the wonder of a child, and embrace silliness more often, we would all be happier, healthier, and wealthier!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 6:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can bruit about that I agree with you, but you may be considering other options.
    to the article there is quiet a without question as you did in the fall efflux of this request www.google.com/ie?as_q=cheatbook database 2008 ?
    I noticed the axiom you suffer with not used. Or you use the pitch-dark methods of inspiriting of the resource. I take a week and do necheg

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home